i’ve been tagged twice for this. once by sam eons and eons ago, and once by leah just eons ago. i’m not really big into these, but i figure i don’t want to anger the blog gods by ignoring this thing that they keep sending my way.
Here are the rules…
1. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
2. People who are tagged need to write on their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
3. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
4. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
My Eight Things:
1. I like candles: yeah, it might not be the most manly thing. But I like ambiance. They make home seem more like…you know…home.
2. When I’m kept in the water too long, I get what I affectionately like to call “dead man hands”. my hands become so white and wrinkly that they look shockingly grotesque and often times I have to fight the urge myself to vomit at my own deformity. If I didn’t need them, I would be tempted to chop them off my arms. But then how would I type? Or more importantly, do the hand jive?
3. I’ve spent time in the Dekalb County Jail. I was speeding along the road when I got pulled over. The local law enforcement was in a bad mood and went ahead and took me in for reckless driving. The worst thing was I was doing my good deed of the day by taking refugees to get Georgia I.d.’s. they left their homes in the morning thinking they were on their way to finding jobs and starting new lives. Instead they got a run in with Johnny Law. And I got to spend my day leaning against the wall next to a guy who had way to much malt liquor as I awaited bail.
4. I’ve never been camping. I’m a city boy, and never had the opportunity to explore the great wide open. I’ve come close, but didn’t quite make it due to unforeseen circumstances. It was a noble effort.
5. I love cameron crowe movies. They make me happy, and more importantly they make me feel something after I’ve seen them. Which is rare for a movie these days. Usually they are all about life and living it to the fullest. They deal with relationships between families, and friends. They have great soundtracks, and always have at least one memorable line.
“I don’t want to buy anything, sell anything, or process anything as a career. I don’t want to sell anything bought or processed, buy anything sold or processed, or process anything sold, bought or processed, or repair anything sold, bought, or processed. You know, as a career, I don’t want to do that.”–Lloyd
6. I went to Bob Jones University for a year and a half. When I tell most people this fact, you can hear I sharp intake of breath. Followed by the inevitable, “are you serious?”…and…”what was it like?”
7. I have a deep love of celtic music. The traditional stuff. Jigs, reels, and airs. I love the sound of the bagpipe, hornpipe, tin whistle, and bodhran. I love to find a good session in a pub, and drink some Guinness while I smoke a cigar and let the music take me away.
8. If I had to choose a superhero power it would be flight. You know the scene in the first superman movie? The one we Supes is flying Lois Lane above the clouds and it’s just stars above and the clouds below while cheesy music plays and lois does a voice over? That’s would be my favorite spot to be in. minus the cheesy music, lois lane voiceover, and lois lane. Maybe a different Girl Friday. Or a hot air ballon at night.
there. now everyone can be that much more enriched and everyone can move on with their lives.